How to tell if someone likes you?
Read on and see if that someone you are thinking about exhibits any of the signs below. If they do, then it’s likely they are into you.
#1 Mirroring or stance– this is psychology term that describes when someone is echoing the nonverbal and verbal behavior of YOU. I know it sounds weird to think someone would mimic your tone, stance, and even posture but it works because it lets us know the person is in sync with us. Here are some nonverbal and verbal cues to look for.
- Do they use the same tone of voice and even sometimes the same kind of language or words we are using?
- Do they position their entire body towards yours and present themselves as actively engaged in the conversation with you?
- Do they replicate your posture by sitting the way you are sitting or standing?
#2 Emotional Cues– Emotionally aware people know what empathy is. Don’t confuse it with sympathy. A person who has a high emotional IQ is better able to express that in the ways below.
- Do they offer assistance to you when you are in need?.
- Do they stay focused on the conversation and ask questions to learn about YOU?. *This means they are not always talking about themselves. I know that might be hard considering how much social media has made us egocentric.
- Do they listen so well that they quote you on things you have said?.Or have shared your advice with someone else?
- Do they sense when things aren’t right with you and ask what’s up?.
#3 They Notice-When You Are Gone or Express Concern About Your Life. This is a no-brainer because if someone didn’t take notice you were absent from school, work or otherwise that means they could care less. Do they do any of the below?
- They call, text or I.M to check in especially if you are absent?.
- They ask how they can help.
- They take every opportunity to invite you to things and are bummed if you can’t make it.
- They love being there for you!-offering support for anything you may need.
#4 They enjoy your company-People are attracted to people for many different reasons but laughter and joy is the way to tell if they are into you.
- They laugh at your jokes and remarks even when you are not funny. They are just looking to make you smile, (even better if it’s at them!)
- They can make eye contact but it is often times met with a smile and sometimes blushing.
- They light up when you enter the room. For women, they might fix their outfit, hair or makeup. For men, they might sit taller squaring their shoulder and have a more open stance and try to make eye contact with you.
- They genuinely enjoy when you are around and ask that you come around more often.
Hope some of these signals are helpful to you! and get you your better match.